Friday, August 5, 2011

PHPBB: You Can Simplify the Set Up Process!

PHPBB: You Can Simplify the Set Up Process!


In a number of previous articles I pointed out my getting downloaded and installed the great PHPBB free forum. I distributed to visitors the extended and tiresome procedure for choosing the best mirror, installing the files to my computer, and following all of the lengthy, attracted out, and complex setup steps. Fortunately, that which was when a procedure that required the greater a part of each day are now able to take half an hour or less to accomplish! Let us have a look the best way to shorten the whole setup process and begin reaping helpful benefits out of this free, popular program.

After I setup my first couple of PHPBB forums in June 2005, Used to do so under discomfort. Just days earlier, my then forum host - EZBoard - had all of their system shut lower by cyber-terrorist. Approximately they stated. My two popular sites, the Aviation Employment Board and also the Corporate Flight Attendant Community were left at nighttime as EZBoard's system made the websites virtually inoperable. Having a repair guaranteed, but several days away, I made the decision which i required to rapidly get off EZBoard and to a forum where I possibly could exercise full control. Enter PHPBB.

Because I desired to utilize a cumbersome EZBoard ripper tools file to transfer threads to the brand new site, I needed to go ahead and take lengthy method of establishing my new forums. Indeed, the ripper tools file was imperfect and a large number of threads never made the transition. Still, when all was stated and done, the brand new forums were many years in front of EZBoard.

Since establishing my first couple of forums, I needed to setup another forum for any customer. This time around, I selected the fast route by establishing the forum through my website hosting company. Out of the box the concept of some web hosting companies, fully setup forums are for sale to your installing. Simply choose an internet host offering this feature, establish your database together [usually MySQL], and download the files. In a few minutes, a completely functional forum is going to be established in your site and all sorts of you need to do is to establish the forum parameters and you will be ready to go.

PHPBB is really a terrific forum, one which does not charge setup costs or perhaps an annual license charge [unlike vBulletin] and it is certain that will help you build your site successful. Download PHPBB right now to get began on building your web community!

No comments:

Post a Comment